April 8, 2012

Um...where did the time go?

I am going to go ahead and blame modern social media for the total slacker I have become with this blog.  What with Facebook and the constant siren song of my iPhone, be it to poke around on one of my three email accounts (not including FB) or to goof off on Pinterest, I seem to have lost the thread of this blog.  It's the time of year when the march of the days and months is hard to avoid: taxes are due (and we didn't do well on Federal this year, dangit), the azaleas are in bloom, and the children are going to turn five years old in a few short days. Feeling nostalgic, I signed on to this blog to look at the photos of the babies when they were tiny...and cannot believe how many months it has been since I've put anything up!

Here's the catch-up modern-era, bullet (or dot point list, as my Australian colleagues would say....)
  • The winter holidays hurtled by in a blur...
  • Caleb has discovered space and the planets and loves all things related to comets and astronauts and outer space and what's out there 
  • There was no real winter in DC this year, and spring sprung in late January, I think it was.  I wish I was joking...it's unsettling
  • Zoe surpassed Caleb in height and weight sometime in February 
  • March brought us without a doubt, a memorable first: Daddy got poison ivy and Caleb got it, too.  Somehow Mommy and Zoe managed to dodge it this time, or perhaps we're immune? 
  • March also brought on the most epic wipe-out-that-didn't-result-in-serious-injury:  Zoe careened off the side of the W&OD into a bramble bush, and I had to drag her up an embankment and pull the thorns out of her arms and legs.  A kindly gentleman out for a long run pulled her bike out for me, but I was thankful that the tried-and-true "ice cream makes everything better" really is a truism
In a few short days TITA SARA IS COMING TO VISIT!!! And the whole family is coming! I cannot wait! We'll have birthday festivities for Z&C who will be 5...unbelievable. Where has the time gone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment